Gazpacho was never really on my list of favorite foods until recently. When I started testing recipes, I fell in love with using yellow tomatoes because they are a little sweeter. If you can't find yellow, use red or heirloom. Make sure to chill the gazpacho before serving. It's a fantastic dish to serve for company. Be creative with your serving pieces—small cups, add extra fresh herbs, toasted bread or goat cheese. For a simple pairing, I topped mine with diced cucumbers and drizzled some fruity Arbequina olive oil. It's the perfect summer soup that's truly farm-to-table.
Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
By June 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 4 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 4 hrs 20 mins
Gazpacho was never really on my list of favorite foods until recently. When I started testing recipes, I fell in love with using …
- 2 1/2 lbs yellow tomatoes
- 1 cucumber cut in half lengthwise, peeled and sealed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus extra for drizzling*
- handful fresh cilantro
- kosher salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Drop the tomatoes into the pot for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove to a bowl and rise in cold water (to blanch the tomatoes).
- Using a paring knife, remove the skins.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Take one third of the cucumber and dice it for the garnish.
- Set aside.
- Place the remaining cucumber, yellow pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeĆ±o, vinegar,olive oil, lime juice and cilantro in the food processor.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Tase and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Pour the gazpacho into chilled cups or soup bowls and spoon a little of the chopped cucumber on top.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on each and serve.
- *I recommend using Arbequina Olive Oil. Produced in Spain from the Arbequina olive, it's fruity and light and great as a finishing oil.