This is the best party salad, no doubt. Everytime I serve it, people as me for the recipe. The dressing also doubles as a great pasta sauce. After draining the pasta, transfer to a large bowl and mix with the dressing.
[photo courtesy of TwoBlueLemons.com]
Kale Caesar Salad
By April 2, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
by Kiki Luthringshausen
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese plus more for sprinkling
- 1 lemon zest + juice
- 4 anchovies or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch curly kale ribs removed and rinsed
- 2 cups croutons
- In a food processor, combine the basil, ½ cup olive oil, Dijon, mayo, garlic, ¼ cup Parmigiano, lemon zest and juice, anchovies and Worcestershire.
- Blend until smooth adding more oil as needed in a smooth stream. Remove lid and taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add more Dijon or anchovies if needed and place lid back on and continue to blend. Transfer dressing to a container and keep in refrigerator until ready to use. Will keep in fridge for few weeks.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the kale and croutons. Drizzle the dressing over and toss the salad. Sprinkle with extra Parmigiano and grate fresh pepper. Serve. *Try mixing different types of kale.