It's citrus season, so take advantage of what our trees are growing. And if there's something I love during citrus season, it's blood oranges. I love them in salads, over grilled chicken or fish or just as a snack. But this salad is a somewhat of a classic. Avocadoas are also in season making this salad even more delicious right now. Add a protein on the side and make it a complete meal.
Arugula, Blood Oranges, Avocados Salad
By January 16, 2014Published:
by Kiki Luthringshausen of Beauty and Her Feast
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 blood oranges peeled and segmented
- 1 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons good quality sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Scatter the arugula on a platter or in 4 individual bowls. Arrange the avocado slices and the orange segments on the arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, orange zest, sherry vinegar and honey.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and sprinkle the slivered almonds. Serve immediately.