Just an easy summer salad celebrating cherries. Make sure to get a cherry pitter, which makes this recipe quick and every other cherry recipe you encounter approachable.
You can toss in slivered almonds or change out the fresh fruit throughout the year. This is meant to be simple with few ingredients and a light dressing.
Kale with Fresh Cherries and Soy-Ginger Dressing
By June 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
by Kiki Luthringshausen of Beauty and Her Feast
- 1/4 cup sesame oil and vegetable oil equal parts
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups chopped kale center ribs removed
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries sliced
- 1 carrot shaved with a peeler
- In a small bowl, whisk the oils, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and salt together creating an emulsion. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add the kale, cherries and carrots.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Serve.